Things have been getting extra exciting lately with my family! By the end of summer, we will have two more little girls in our family and I can’t wait! My sister is actually having her second (her first is my little nephew Milo who is 2 and I can’t get enough of) and my sister-in-law is having her first baby early August. I told you it was an exciting time…lots of babies!
We celebrated my sister-in-law’s soon to be little girl at her baby shower which was perfect. It was in the cutest little town and restaurant with the best food. I was especially excited for the shower because I honestly do love any chance to dress up. It has been a long time since I wore my Red Valentino Floral and Polka Dotted Dress which is definitely my all-time favorite dress in my closet.
I remember when I first saw the dress on Shopbop and knew I could not afford Red Valentino at the time (so frustrating right?). So obviously I watched in sadness as it sold out in my size. It was not until after I got engaged where I started a massive hunt for the dress because I now had an extra special occasion to go to which was my rehearsal dinner. I also thought it I was going to spend a little more money, it should be for my special day right?
I ended up finding the dress on ebay and then got it tailored to fit me (which by the way I include in one of the best decisions and purchases I have ever made!) The fit of this dress is my favorite for my body type and I love how lady- like the dress is. It makes you want to do a little spin or two! That is exactly what I think a special occasion dress should feel like.
While this dress is a splurge, there are so many adorable dresses out there right now that are perfect for a special occasion like an engagement party, bridal shower, or baby shower. Nordstrom has always been a go-to when searching for dresses for these events because they have such a selection. There are so many right now that are at great price points and even at 40% off. Here are just some of my favorites:
- Lace Fit and Flare Dress: I do not know what I like more about this dress: the lace, sleeves, silhouette, price (under $100) or the fact that it comes in a ton of colors!
- Floral Jacquard Dress- I love the fit and flare style of this dress and the floral jacquard pattern. It is a little more but I have my fingers crossed it goes on sale during the Nordstrom Sale!
- Black Lace Dress– I do not wear black a ton in the summer but this is a beautiful dress for under $100. I also know a lot of friends and family who love a good LBD!
- Floral Dress– a really cute option for a floral fit and flare dress. I have been eyeing this dress for a while and its a great price right now while on sale!
- “Sophia” Fit and Flare Dress– Another pretty floral dress. I am loving the peachy-pink colors of this one!
- Polka Dot Lace Dress– This dress has very similar qualities to my Red Valentino dress. The polka dot lace is one of my favorite details!
- Belted White Lace Midi Dress– I have a major crush right now and it’s on this little white number. The length is amazing and look at that lace. It is such a classic looking dress.
- Dot Stretch Dress– Loving the pattern on this dress and the white/black color scheme.
- Striped Belted Dress– I am a huge fan of stripes especially blue and white. This dress also has the cutest back!
- Floral Brocade Dress- I have been eyeing this dress for a while and its finally on sale.
- Lace Trim Dress– This dress is new and the lace trim is so pretty!